What Can You Do With a Master’s in Computer Science?
Are Computer Science Jobs in Demand?
Common Career Paths With a Master’s in Computer Science
- Create computer applications.
- Deploy and test software.
- Fix software bugs.
- Recommend tech improvements.
- Write and implement code.
Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Analyzing software, hardware and security needs.
- Directing the IT department’s daily activities.
- Exploring new technology costs and benefits.
- Negotiating service agreements with vendors.
- Creates and tests interfaces and navigation.
- Determines which applications and designs best fit a website.
- Meets with clients to discuss needs and design prototypes.
- Monitors performance and website usability.
- Writes code using programming languages.
Computer Network Architect
- Analyzing traffic to forecast future needs.
- Networking with system administrators and vendors.
- Overseeing network security.
- Performing equipment maintenance.
- Planning creative network layouts.
Information Security Manager
- Conducting security audits.
- Determining personnel and training needs.
- Developing security goals and communicating changes.
- Investigating security threats and violations.
- Managing data backup, software installations and hardware upgrades.