What Is It About True Love That Dating Apps Can’t Get Quite Right?
How Do Dating Apps Work?
- Identifying the real problem that needs to be solved.
- Finding an efficient means of solving that problem.
- Using the right data in order to solve the problem.
3 Examples of Proper Algorithm Design
- Problem: Wanting to bake a delicious cake
- Solution: Combine the ingredients and cook in an oven
- Data: Flour, sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract
- Problem: Getting a safe, reliable and affordable ride
- Solution: GPS matches ride requesters with nearby drivers
- Data: Location and demand
- Problem: Finding love
- Solution: Match users with one another
- Data: Location, interests and photos