How to Start a Career in Data Science
Is Data Science a Good Career?
What Do Data Scientists Do?
How Difficult is Data Science?
Starting Your Data Science Career
The Data Science Career Path
Data Science Career Outlook
How Much Do Data Scientists Make?
Data Science as a Second Career
- Obtain a bachelor’s degree in data science, data analytics, computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related field.
- Build a data science foundation. This can mean working on open source or personal projects, as well as volunteer work.
- Take the GRE exam (if required). Some graduate schools do not have a GRE requirement.
- Apply for a master’s program in data science.
- Reach out to experts in your field.
- Complete an internship.
- Take short courses, bootcamps or certification courses to refresh your knowledge.