5 Things You Learn When You Become an Entrepreneur
Timeless Entrepreneurship Skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle risk-taking
- Creative thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of independence
- Focus on the whole business, not on one or two areas within it.
- Value efficiencies and outcomes over time and the appearance of a business.
- Solve challenges and seize opportunities with an eye on solutions that build on a business as it grows.
Developing a Strategic Management Process
Communication Is Key
Teamwork Is Still Important
Failure Is Part of the Road to Success
If It Was Easy, Everyone Would Do It
Do You Need a Master’s to Be a Successful Entrepreneur?
- Panasci Business Plan Competition: A campus-wide student business plan competition hosted by the Falcone Center for Entrepreneurship, this competition offers the opportunity to vie for seed funding for a business (or idea). With more than $42,000 in cash prizes, those involved have the chance to connect with competition judges, including successful entrepreneurs and alumni.
- Orange Tank Pitch Competition: This Shark Tank–style annual competition offers students and alumni entrepreneurs from the Whitman School of Management a chance to pitch business ideas to a panel of judges and ultimately win cash prizes.