Why Choose a Career in Business Analytics
What Is Business Analytics?
- Propel strategic business improvements and evolution.
- Enhance fiscal performance.
- Improve operational processes, boosting efficiency.
Business Analytics Skills and Competencies
- Solver, a tool to find optimal solutions for decision problems.
- R, a prevalent analytics programming language.
- Statistical software such as Excel, SPSS, SAS, Sage, and Mathematica.
- Visual modeling skills to present data in a way that’s easy to understand.
- An analytical mindset to effectively analyze data.
- Problem-solving skills that bridge logical thinking with data analysis to drive solutions.
- Analytics Core: 6 credits of required courses.
- Analytics Applications Core: 6 credits; students take two select courses.
- Analytics Depth Core: 6 credits; students take two select 13 courses.
- Analytics Electives: 18 credits; students take six select courses.
Business Analytics Careers
- Big data analytics specialists.
- Market research analysts.
- Financial analysts.
- Project management specialists and business operations specialists.
- Operations research analysts.
- Management analysts.
- Computer systems analysts
- Information security analysts
- Advertising, promotions, and marketing managers.
Featured Business Analytics Careers
- Study market conditions to predict sales of a particular product or service.
- Gather and analyze data on consumers and competitor companies.
- Determine what products or services people want, and set an appropriate price for products.
- Analyze assets like business plans, cost management, and human resource allocation.
- Propose strategies to increase efficiency, improving an organization’s productivity and performance.
- Interview and observe key personnel to determine necessary methods, equipment, and personnel.
- Use mathematical models and analytical methods such as big data mining and optimization to help organizations make better decisions.
- Identify organizational problems and propose solutions to help improve productivity and cost-effectiveness.
- Advise key decision-makers on the potential effects of different actions.
- Analyze data and perform computations to solve business problems.
- Develop methodologies for collecting meaningful corporate data.
- Interpret complicated data and related observations for layman audiences.
Business Analyst Salary
- Market research analysts: $65,810 per year
- Logisticians: $76,270 per year
- Financial analysts: $83,660 per year
- Project management specialists and business operations specialists: $77,420 per year
- Operations research analysts: $86,200 per year
- Management analysts: $87,660 per year
- Statisticians: $92,270 per year
- Computer systems analysts: $93,730 per year
- Information security analysts: $103,590 per year
- Advertising, promotions, and marketing managers: $141,490 per year